Being Busy vs Being Productive
Oct 14, 2018
Have there ever been a time when you felt you were doing so much but when you looked up, you wondered, "What did I do today? Why does it seem like I've accomplished nothing?" If you have, I understand. Been there on a number of occasions. I realized that when this happens, it's because I relenquished control of my life. I, how does the saying go, "Let life happen".
We all are guilty of this at some point in our lives. It's okay, it happens. What's not okay is when we stay stuck in this mode and complain about how we are not where we want to be. I am a wife, mother and businesswoman, I say this often because it's true. I virtual school my children and I am hands on when it comes to their development, I am proactive when it comes to having a happy, healthy and successful relationship with my hubby and I work hard to build businesses that assist others in leading and living the lives they desire. It can be overwhelming and daunting if I let go of control and just let things...happen. I am guilty of doing this from time to time, however I will share some of my strategies that keep me productive vs busy and spinning my wheels, going nowhere fast.
1. Make a schedule- Your calendar is your friend. If you do not schedule your dealings and/or doings, they (most likely) will not happen. This goes for family time as well.
2. Say no- If it will interfere with your productivity and it is not beneficial, say no until you can say yes (without guilt).
3. Take a break- Every hour or so take a break from what you are doing. It breaks up the monotony and refreshes your brain, causing you to be more productive.
4. Limit distractions- Phones, emails, children, hubby, etc. Go to a place where you can do your thing without distractions. Turn the notifications off on your devices and lock yourself away if need be.
5. Review your week- Look back on how you did for the week. Celebrate your accomplishments and improve on your faults. Don't dwell. Keep moving forward!
I hope these tips help you as they help me as well as my clients. Work hard and play hard. Enjoy your life and design it to be the best!
Until next time,